I Want a Time PT!

The place for 'off-topic' posts. Find old friends. Make new friends!
If you see or have a Time for sale, please post your links here.
To be notified of the sales, join the Buyer's group.

Moderator: Moderator Team

I Want a Time PT!

Postby Elmo Zappa on Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:10 pm

Saw a picture of this axe in black and white in Guitar World Buyers Guide in the 80's, and have never seen it again! Have read the terrible fire tragedy, I happened to be in Burlington 3 summers in a row in the 90's (and nobody knew diddly do duncan about these), had East Coast Music Mall in CT ready to build me a replica, and I've even surfed this site 4 times today.
Now, they are never on Craigslist or Ebay so HOW DO I GET ONE?!?!?! Please. OH PLEASE nice and kind Time Peoples... I am a lowly musician that appreciates fine unique axes that are not the mainstream (Fender and Gibson- take a hike!). This thing SPOKE to me. Looking for a black, or transparent finished PT-1, (2,3,4,5,6..) with a Floyd (not Kahler, YUCKO!) whichever available. How can I view pics and prices for examples of these fine futuristic vermont made beauties?
Newb, Elmo Zappa
Elmo Zappa
Frequent Poster

Re: I Want a Time PT!

Postby jackjumper on Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:06 pm

Well, you can look at a picture of mine here: http://www.timeguitars.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=119#p206

But I'm keeping it, sorry. Even if it does have a Kahler 8)
jackjumper
Time Guitar Owner

Postby ChrisClark on Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:25 pm

Welcome to the forum!

Yes these guitars are rare, but they do show up on eBay & Craigslist and in local stores. You just have to keep searching and have cash ready to go!

Here's a great, recent PT-1 from Craigslist.
DaisyBat's PT-1 from CraigsList I would like to see his. I believe it might have an Alder body. If I had seen that one first...

I wouldn't get too hopeful about finding a PT-1 with a Rose. A few are out there, but Kramer had all the Rose's back then and we would buy at retail to use them. Big $$$ You'll see far more Advance Times with Roses. They were the hot sellers.

We built many guitars with stock Fenders, Mighty-Mites, Chopped Bigsbys, Floyd Roses, and Kahlers. Personally, I don't care for any tremolo. Well, unless you're Jeff Beck!

Chris
ChrisClark
Forum Creator

Postby Elmo Zappa on Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:53 pm

Yes I have seen these pics here, very nice! Am looking for Black or Transparent finish with Floyd only, if you see or hear, contact me at: elmozappa@hotmail.com thanks again!
Elmo Zappa
Frequent Poster

Postby Elmo Zappa on Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:28 pm

Or with hardtail or stoptail. SORRY! ANYTHING but that Kahler.
Could also be like that silver one, or a leftover from the barn that was not finished yet?
Right now I'm considering which of my (too) many guitars must go in order to have cash ready!
Thanks to all,
Blair
Elmo Zappa
Frequent Poster

Postby Elmo Zappa on Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:19 pm

Man, the more I have found (on this site and outside) about the Time history, the more I'm feeling the blues about how everything went bad for a great company, with cool folks that built great guitars. I feel like this is a place I would've loved to work, people that I'd have fit along side of, and the whole new england vibe, and the positivity of it's brotherhood... it makes sense why I was hooked the day I saw a pic of the PT. I dig the thing so much that I've considered building my own- but to have one built from that era?
Now I gotta have one.
Elmo Zappa
Frequent Poster

Postby Elmo Zappa on Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:56 pm

I see that I'm getting alot of 'views' but no replies. Does this mean that ther's a ton of Kahler equipped Prime Time's that are available? Hopefully my opinion on Kahler isn't pissing anyone off! Sorry!
Elmo Zappa
Frequent Poster

Postby ChrisClark on Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:00 pm

I don't think anyone's pissed off.
There isn't a 'ton' of Prime Times out there. This site has only documented a few so far. If memory serves me right, I don't think there is more than a couple dozen Prime Times total.
Be careful thou, Floyd Rose tremolos seem to be a gateway to cocaine addiction. Think about it!
:)
Chris
ChrisClark
Forum Creator

Postby armycopter on Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:13 am

Here are pictures of my PT-1 with the Floyd Rose! Sorry, I'm keeping it!

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=193
armycopter
Time Guitar Owner

Postby Karla6 on Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:21 am

Merci pour la critique sensée sur www.timeguitars.com. Moi et mon voisin ont été simplement prépare à faire quelques recherches à ce sujet. Nous avons eu un prendre un livre dans notre bibliothèque locale, mais je pense que j'ai appris plus de ce poste. Je suis très heureux de voir ces informations étant très partagés librement là-bas.
Karla6
New Posting User

Login to Remove:

Sponsor

Submit this post...

Social Bookmarks:

Social Bookmarks

Return to The Lounge