Alan & Time Guitars in Darrell's basement.,

Have a Time guitar? Submit your pictures here!
There's 600 guitars out there. We've got pictures of a few of them. It's rare to find more than 2 or 3 that are identical. So please post.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Postby dpapazoni on Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:50 pm

When I found this site, I felt I had to share these with you. Great job Chris.

I snuck up on Alan to take a photo of him while he was working a on new Time Guitar in the basement.

There is a sequence of 3 photos. Here is 1 of 3.
Darrell

When he saw the flash and I didn't know what repercussion to expect.

He then, checked the fit of the neck to the body slot and flashed his latest Time creation at me.
Last edited by dpapazoni on Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:25 pm, edited 6 times in total.
dpapazoni
Time Retailer!

Darrell's Music on Pearl Street.

Postby dpapazoni on Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:01 pm

This was home for Time Guitars for several years(I'm unsure of dates). At the time of this photo, Time Guitars had already moved to Kimball Ave., South Burlington, VT. (1982)

We also sold many Time Guitars from the shop. TIMEs were very extraordinary, as was Alan and his help. I really miss those times, but they are beautiful memories.

Darrell
Last edited by dpapazoni on Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:44 pm, edited 4 times in total.
dpapazoni
Time Retailer!

Postby Chris on Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:22 pm

Darrell,
Thank you so much for the posts. It's great to see the human side represented. So many posts here are about the scale length or what wood was used. etc, etc. Not that this isn't important, It just misses the opportunity to shed light on Alan and his contributions.
Well; Alan's and your contributions too. You were the 1st real dealer and the longest supporter of Time. I'm sure many people can remember walking through your door and finding their 1st Time there.
Chris
Chris
Worked at Time

Re: Alan & Time Guitars in Darrell's basement.,

Postby Steve Ziemba on Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:25 pm

Are there any more pics of Darrell's Music Store anyone could post? I moved from Vermont in the early 80's and I feel like I used to live there! I miss it so much, but My memories are so different... I saw that Papa John's Pizza on the west side of Church street and thought that was the store. Funny how time plays tricks. I remember the Time guitars and wanting one, but you know us starving musicians. There should be a forum for Darrell's Music! SO many memories! It's amazing! Wish I had pictures! The digital age was still a dream, back then! I can't believe my phone is a 4 track studio with instruments! LOL Please post more pics of the store!

Anybody seen my blonde Fender Mustang with a mountain lake mural burned into the front of it? LOL Can't believe I traded it for a Vantage! I'm betting I still can't afford a Time! I remember drooling over them and playing a couple in the store! Those were the days! I remember some amazing acts at Neutral Grounds, down the street, and The Tea Company in St. Albans! Do Time guitars work as TIME MACHINES, or would you have to build a hot tub?!?! :lol:
Steve Ziemba
New Posting User

Login to Remove:

Sponsor

Submit this post...

Social Bookmarks:

Social Bookmarks

Return to User submitted Photos