Flying V ~1983

Have a Time guitar? Submit your pictures here!
There's 600 guitars out there. We've got pictures of a few of them. It's rare to find more than 2 or 3 that are identical. So please post.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Flying V ~1983

Postby Tom Plunket on Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:48 pm

This is a repost from the old forum...
Vintage?:)
I'll see if I can't get a better-focused picture for this guy. Unfortunately I don't play it a lot because it chews through strings. Maybe I have to develop a lighter touch. I always thought that the Kahler was an aftermarket mod, because of the way the finish is cracking around the nut-lock but I've had some indication that you guys were installing them in the factory since folks really wanted floating tremolos in the early '80s.
Last edited by ChrisClark on Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tom Plunket
Multi Time Owner!

Nice guitar!

Postby ChrisClark on Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:51 pm

I remember building this guitar for I believe a guy in Plattsburg New York. He had a bar band and played very well. The Kahlers were installed at the factory.
Early on, Floyd Rose wasn't allowing us to buy their tremolos, so for awhile we bought them from local music stores $$$$

Chris

EDIT: Recent guitars with features like this guitar have been ID'd to about 1983.
ChrisClark
Forum Creator

Flyin V submitted by Tom Plunket

Postby Tom Plunket on Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:54 pm

Here's the headstock complete with the 'FlightStrip' binding. Looks like somebody liked to smoke cigs? :roll:
Tom Plunket
Multi Time Owner!

Login to Remove:

Sponsor

Submit this post...

Social Bookmarks:

Social Bookmarks

Return to User submitted Photos