Purple Time Guitar [TC1-457]

Have a Time guitar? Submit your pictures here!
There's 600 guitars out there. We've got pictures of a few of them. It's rare to find more than 2 or 3 that are identical. So please post.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Purple Time Guitar [TC1-457]

Postby 5.0 JOE on Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:49 pm

I have a Purple Time Electric Guitar that I picked up a while ago. I was wondering if anyone had anymore inoformation regarding it. The guitar has the marking TC1-457 stamp on the bottom of the neck. It is in the orginal case mark time in the upper left hand corner. I have pictures but, unsure of how to post them. Please help. Also, I was wondering do these guitars hold any value to them?
5.0 JOE
Time Guitar Owner

Postby ChrisClark on Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:36 pm

5.0 Joe, Welcome!
You can send the pics to me at Chris@TimeGuitars.com and I'll post for you. It sounds like you have a late Time Caster with a single pickup? And yes these guitars have value!

Thanks, Chris
ChrisClark
Forum Creator

Postby 5.0 JOE on Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:13 pm

Can you please let me know the value this or these gitars hold. I am very intrested. I e-mailed you the pictures. Hope you recived them ok. Thanks again for all your help.
5.0 JOE
Time Guitar Owner

Time Caster Model TC-1

Postby ChrisClark on Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:08 am

5.0 Joe,

This a Time Caster Model TC-1 from around 1984-86. It looks used! It could use a little love... :cry:

The TC-1's had a single Humbucker with a volume & tone. This one has been altered with different pickups [with rings] and switching. The Kahler has a locking nut which I had completely forgotten about.

The color is a purple which we first produced for Paul Devlin's Time guitar arsenal. He had several Time's in this color. It was kind'a his trademark. Paul lived in Venice beach, CA. All his guitars were stolen about 25 years ago. His Time Caster was a TC-9 with all the candy. I'm sure if he saw this guitar, he'd want to buy it in a heartbeat!

As far as worth... I haven't seen enough Times for sale to know the market value. Sorry...

Thanks for the pics,
Chris
ChrisClark
Forum Creator

Postby 5.0 JOE on Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:31 pm

Well, Thanks for the information. I have not made any modifactions to it myself. If there are I bought it that way. Who is Paul Devlin?
5.0 JOE
Time Guitar Owner

Postby ChrisClark on Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:04 pm

I went to Essex Junction High School with Paul. He played in several Vermont bands before moving to Seattle [just before Grunge took off.] He then moved to Venice were he played in his own band 'MissUnderstood'. He did USO tours. He was also the catering manager for MTV among other things. He also was an unofficial Time Guitar rep in California. He has shown Time guitars to Eddie Van Halen, Judas Priest, Huey Lewis & the News, Quarterflash and many more. He also played in a bar band for years with Mick Fleetwood and Gary Busey! Yeah that Gary Busey...
WOW, Just when you thought it was safe to surf a guitar site...BAM There's Gary Busey!
I haven't seen Paul in about 9 years,
Chris
ChrisClark
Forum Creator

Re: Purple Time Guitar

Postby daisybat on Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:09 am

Hi! My first post here, I own a GS-12, #106. I'll send pix to the pix link. In the meantime here's one of the purple gs from California, on eBay last week, didn't sell.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Time-Boutique-Electric-Guitar-Metallic-Purple-RARE_W0QQitemZ110324967147QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item110324967147&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2|65%3A13|39%3A1|240%3A1318

Glad to find this site! What amazing guitars!

Ero
Burlington, VT
Ero
Burlington, VT

1982 GS-12, #106
1986 PT-1, #563
daisybat
Time Guitar Owner

Login to Remove:

Sponsor

Submit this post...

Social Bookmarks: