Trey Anastasio's guitar

Topics related to the instrument's construction, schematics, & model identification.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Trey Anastasio's guitar

Postby idan711 on Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:05 pm

Hi, I was just wondering if you knew anything about the history of Trey Anastasio's custom Paul Languedoc guitar. I read in multiple places that it was modeled after a time guitar. Do you know what time guitar it may have been modeled after?

Thanks!
idan711

Time & trey

Postby ChrisClark on Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:00 pm

iDan711,

Trey's guitars are very similar body-wise to the AT models. I'm sure the neck size and feel are very similar also.
And wouldn't you know? Paul Languedoc worked for Time Guitars for 4 years before he made Trey's guitar and started his own guitar company. He helped us build hundreds of guitars. That was a pretty good learning experience and I'm sure he found it invaluable.

Of note today. Go to SollyDad's post in introductions. He joined this morning and has pictures of the Bristol shop in 1973. On his Flicker pictures is one showing Alan. Look on the back wall, you'll see an arch-top Time guitar top. I had forgotten about that guitar until now. I also sure that Paul Languedoc never saw this arch-top at all. Paul's archtop construction and ideas for it are his own.

Regards, Chris
ChrisClark
Forum Creator

Login to Remove:

Sponsor

Submit this post...

Social Bookmarks:

Social Bookmarks

Return to How they were made.