Timeline?

Stop in and tell the other members about yourself. See who's here, You might find an old friend! You should also check out the members list.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Timeline?

Postby billsimmon on Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:59 pm

Hey everyone,

I'm trying to reconstruct a timeline ("Time line") of the history of the company. I know we're all working form memory here, so just throw out your best guesses. I'm trying to get a sense of specifically when the following events occurred:

*Alan moves to VT from Fla
*the Waltham shop gets going
*Time moves from Waltham to the basement of Darrell's
*Time moves into the barn on Kimball Ave.
*the robbery
*Alan leaves the company
*The company goes out of business
*all guitar construction stops
*The fire

And any other significant events that I'm omitting are welcome too. When did particular employees come and go, etc.?

I'm researching a project on Times and this info will really help set the sequence of events in my mind better. Thanks!

-Bill Simmon
GS9X-152
GS-9 owner, serial#: GS9X-152 (1/83)
billsimmon
Time Guitar Owner

Re: Timeline?

Postby Merbs on Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:22 am

My husband and I were part of TIME guitars in the very beginning. I see nothing about Dool and Alan's collaboration here. We moved to Vermont at Alan's urging, helped with a renovation on a house, no money coming in, we had to abandon the good ship TIME. Alan and Dool were great friends and amazing to be with as they were both so intelligent and creative --- especially together.
Merbs
New Posting User

Re: Timeline?

Postby Merbs on Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:28 am

I have got a picture somewhere of the first Time guitars ever produced in Vermont. An acoustic and an electric. The picture was taken to commemorate the event. Back then, just a few people involved in the dream.
Merbs
New Posting User

Login to Remove:

Sponsor

Submit this post...

Social Bookmarks:

Social Bookmarks

Return to Introductions