Way,Way Back

Stop in and tell the other members about yourself. See who's here, You might find an old friend! You should also check out the members list.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Way,Way Back

Postby Merbs on Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:12 am

My husband, Dool, and I moved to Vermont to help begin Time Guitars with Alan Stack way back in the beginning. Alan's first wife, Donna, and I have been friends since high school. We all hailed from Miami Florida back then and Alan had done an apprenticeship with someone as a luthier, and had even already come up with an interesting guitar innovation or two, as a kid.
Alan and Dool were natural friends from the beginning. Geniuses some would say --- a bit dark, but funny and witty and creative together. Our time in Vermont was sadly, very brief --- long on fun, short on money. Dool and I had kids and they had to eat pretty regularly. We abandoned the project reluctantly. We made a lot of music in the house in Bristol. About 1000 choruses of Honky Tonk Woman, and Bobby Magee.
We were there for the renovation of the place in Vergennes and I am so glad to hear that these wonderful guitars are still out there. Dool, my long time beloved, died this past year, and I have been thinking about the old times, and "TIMES". HOPE ALAN IS WELL AND THAT THESE FINE INSTRUMENTS HAVE MADE IT INTO LOVING HANDS. Marie
Merbs
New Posting User

Login to Remove:

Sponsor

Submit this post...

Social Bookmarks:

Social Bookmarks

Return to Introductions