Purple GS on eBay [Sold]

The place for 'off-topic' posts. Find old friends. Make new friends!
If you see or have a Time for sale, please post your links here.
To be notified of the sales, join the Buyer's group.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Purple GS on eBay [Sold]

Postby daisybat on Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:59 pm

This is a repeat from the post on Purple Guitar in Owners Pix. Just think it looks cool! Maybe they'll re-list it and someone will go higher than $320.!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Time-Boutique-Electric-Guitar-Metallic-Purple-RARE_W0QQitemZ110324967147QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item110324967147&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2|65%3A13|39%3A1|240%3A1318
Ero
Burlington, VT

1982 GS-12, #106
1986 PT-1, #563
daisybat
Time Guitar Owner

Re: Purple GS on eBay

Postby Chris on Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:48 pm

I grabbed the pictures and uploaded to timeguitars.com for safe keeping.

Chris
Worked at Time

Postby nubsy on Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:50 pm

I am the one that bought the purple guitar. If there's any interest, I'll put up some photos. It's beat, part of the top corner of the headstock is missing, but what a great guitar! I waited 20+ years to be in a position to get a Time, and I'm very pleased. Although I love browns and bursts and all that, purple is one of my favorite colors and this is a wonderful shade. If guitars can give off a positive vibe, I swear that this one does, as it just wants to be played. One of my best, and instantly favorite, guitars, when the sad day comes for me to reduce the herd this may be the last to go.
nubsy
New Posting User

Postby ChrisClark on Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:25 pm

nubsy wrote:I am the one that bought the purple guitar. If there's any interest, I'll put up some photos. It's beat, part of the top corner of the headstock is missing, but what a great guitar! I waited 20+ years to be in a position to get a Time, and I'm very pleased. Although I love browns and bursts and all that, purple is one of my favorite colors and this is a wonderful shade. If guitars can give off a positive vibe, I swear that this one does, as it just wants to be played. One of my best, and instantly favorite, guitars, when the sad day comes for me to reduce the herd this may be the last to go.

Nubsy, Glad you're liking it. The original ebay post said 1984. From guitars I've opened up recently, I believe this maybe from 81/82.
If you can see the serial number, please post. Of course any photos are of interest.
Does this have a Gibson truss rod cover? Is the selector switch a Les Paul style?

Chris
ChrisClark
Forum Creator

Re: Purple GS on eBay [Sold]

Postby daveli76 on Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:55 am

Do you want to sell this guitar? Please get back to me @ (561) 573-6367. Thanks Damien
DAVELI76
daveli76
New Posting User

Postby nanthtommas on Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:05 pm

This guitar looks great!good!
nanthtommas
New Posting User

Postby nubsy on Wed May 05, 2021 10:53 am

Hi. I still own the purple Time. Great guitar, does about everything you ask of it. I've jammed with it a few times, years ago now, never gigged, but many a home recording. Professionally set up a couple years ago. Love it.

Anyway, if anyone bumps into this post, it will be up for sale. I'll offer to anyone that finds it here and after some time, try the online sellers.

Sigh. I've got to whittle things way down and this is very reluctantly, but necessarily, one of them. Give a holler, we'll take it from there.

Thanks for reading.
nubsy
New Posting User

Login to Remove:

Sponsor

Submit this post...

Social Bookmarks:

Social Bookmarks

Return to The Lounge