Time Guitar for Sale

The place for 'off-topic' posts. Find old friends. Make new friends!
If you see or have a Time for sale, please post your links here.
To be notified of the sales, join the Buyer's group.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Time Guitar for Sale

Postby ajax on Sat May 10, 2008 8:59 pm

The things you need to know:

Asking Price: $600 (includes shipping with insurance)
Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/73444932@N ... 866105609/
Packaging: Housed in its original case from Time
Faults: 1) Volume knob is no longer gradual. The dial must be turned fully clockwise to get full volume, but backing off just a bit kills all sound rather than just diminishing it, and 2) It appears that misguided attempts to remove certain screws in an incorrect order were made. This resulted in stripping. My guess is that these could still be removed but not too many more times.
Pluses: All the switches work and the guitar holds its tune very well. Beautiful sounding guitar and very, very well made.

Obviously it has been used and there will of course be blemishes and surface scratches that will not be seen in the pictures.

My assumption is that an individual interested in purchasing this guitar will know what they're getting as far as when it was built and what its features are and so I won't go into them here. A few experts have given me summaries of the historical particulars about this guitar, and if you're interested please contact me via e-mail and I will be happy to share them.

Please contact me at ajsavona@yahoo.com if you're interested in purchasing the guitar.

Thank you.
Andrew
ajax
Time Guitar Owner

Re: Time Guitar for Sale

Postby nubsy on Tue May 13, 2008 4:53 am

Ajax - Hi. I sent you an e-mail regarding the guitar. I'm just a player, not a collector or dealer, and hope you respond. Thanks.
nubsy
New Posting User

Postby ChrisClark on Sun May 18, 2008 10:36 am

Hi all,
This guitar is sold. It a early TimeCaster from Waltham. One piece bolt-on maple neck. Honduras Mahogany body. The brass pickguard and wiring is not original, but the guitar is in great shape otherwise.

Here's few pics from Ajax. This is the only TimeCaster I've seen with binding on the body. This guitar is just screaming, "I want to be a Tele again!".

Chris

Here's a picture from 1976 of John, Robert, & [edit] Harry. NOT Henry Harry, on the right, is holding a TimeCaster. The pickups and wiring are most likely how this guitar was built. Judging from the pickguard shape below the bridge. This guitar had four tone switches positioned two over two. The Johnny Moore guitar on the left has these two over two tone switches.

Last edited by ChrisClark on Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Hernry is wrong, it Harry
ChrisClark
Forum Creator

Postby Paul Asbell on Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:50 pm

I've gotta tell ya... visiting this board is really a trip back on the wayback machine!

I owned several electrics, and Allen & co. built a dreadnaught-size acoustic for me in the early days... I'm guessing '77 or so, when the shop was in Waltham. I sold the acoustic to a former student of mine. I saw his dad several years ago, and if memory serves (it never does, so why bother saying it?...:) his dad said he still had it.

Anyway... the reason I'm posting on THIS thread is to point out that the guy on the right is Harry Grabenstein (not Henry). I just had drinks w/ him and his wife 2 nights ago. I'm confident that he has no idea about this site... guess I should tell him!
Paul Asbell
New Posting User

Postby ChrisClark on Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:26 pm

Paul Asbell wrote:I've gotta tell ya... visiting this board is really a trip back on the wayback machine!

I owned several electrics, and Allen & co. built a dreadnaught-size acoustic for me in the early days... I'm guessing '77 or so, when the shop was in Waltham. I sold the acoustic to a former student of mine. I saw his dad several years ago, and if memory serves (it never does, so why bother saying it?...:) his dad said he still had it.

Anyway... the reason I'm posting on THIS thread is to point out that the guy on the right is Harry Grabenstein (not Henry). I just had drinks w/ him and his wife 2 nights ago. I'm confident that he has no idea about this site... guess I should tell him!

Thanks for the post Paul,
Yeah, this is the wayback machine.

That is a typo on Harry, thanks for the feedback.

I seem to remember you with a older Time Caster back in the Coco Calious[sp?] band at Hunts. Would that be correct?
Also, you had the first Advance Time around 84, if I remember correctly. The Advance was the first Time without a pickguard or Rat bites.

Although many people on this board know you as a great guitarist. Few people know that you are a human calculator. I remember Alan had one of the first calculators. He would ask you the square root of a number and you could answer before we could get it using the calculator!

Chris
ChrisClark
Forum Creator

Login to Remove:

Sponsor

Submit this post...

Social Bookmarks:

Social Bookmarks

Return to The Lounge