New Baby (Green) PT-1 #563

Have a Time guitar? Submit your pictures here!
There's 600 guitars out there. We've got pictures of a few of them. It's rare to find more than 2 or 3 that are identical. So please post.

Moderator: Moderator Team

New Baby (Green) PT-1 #563

Postby daisybat on Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:48 pm

Here's my latest guitar, PT-1, # 563. All original and in very good condition, one exception being the emerald green paint has some odd streaking in it, most likely from ageing. This was on craigslist last month. Nice minty case and Kahler arm; it has the flip locking nut, a nice option now discontinued by Kahler. Came with a hand-printed bill of sale saying Time Guitars but dated 10/23/99!
Attachments
IMG_1494web.jpg
IMG_1494web.jpg (5.65 KiB) Viewed 26526 times
IMG_1509web.jpg
IMG_1509web.jpg (6.13 KiB) Viewed 26526 times
IMG_1507web.jpg
IMG_1507web.jpg (6.43 KiB) Viewed 26526 times
IMG_1503web.jpg
IMG_1503web.jpg (6.4 KiB) Viewed 26526 times
IMG_1502web.jpg
IMG_1502web.jpg (5.55 KiB) Viewed 26526 times
IMG_1496web.jpg
IMG_1496web.jpg (5.45 KiB) Viewed 26526 times
Ero
Burlington, VT

1982 GS-12, #106
1986 PT-1, #563
daisybat
Time Guitar Owner

Re: New Baby (Green)

Postby ChrisClark on Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:15 pm

Eros,
Very nice. I have pictures of it's twin! These were both guitars that were at the barn after Time closed.
This is PT-1 # 542 in the same color. Same Kahler with the flip nut. Same black teardrop jack plate. Yours has a Seymour Duncan pickup where this Willis Collection guitar has the Time Pressure-wound pickup.

Here's the Willis Collection twin. This one is in NOS condition, Very cool...
ChrisClark
Forum Creator

Postby daisybat on Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:18 am

Thanks Chris! It looks like #542 has a rosewood board, mine is ebony. Also the case I have actually has a white sticker under the handle which says "PT-1 #542 Turq." so I'll bet that the owner 2 guys before me bought it from one of the Willis' in '99 and they gave him the case for the other one. To me the color is more of an emerald green than a turquoise. Do you remember the names of the custom colors that were used at Time Inc.?
I'm also wondering about the current state of the Willis collection and if you have access to more info about their guitars?
I'd love to see a database of serial #s, current whereabouts, etc. Willing to work on one if anyone else has the "time" and interest!
Peace
Ero
Ero
Burlington, VT

1982 GS-12, #106
1986 PT-1, #563
daisybat
Time Guitar Owner

Postby ChrisClark on Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:43 pm

Eros,
I'm very surprised about the ebony board. It on a non-Artist model. The ebony board would have had the diamond inlays and binding on it. I was doing the inlays and installing the frets before they were glued on the neck at that point. Of course, I may have been totally going for the black hardware look, I don't know.
I do have the colors on a Time order form. I need to go find it and post. I have also found another print out that list 49 guitars with specs that were part of a summer sale. These were for guitars built in and around 1986. I think these Prime Time Guitars maybe included. As far as the tag on the case. Someone else may have put that on their after Time closed. They didn't know the official color names. Their was true turquoise and magenta ones too! Their were also some that had both colors! I have pictures of all of the Willis collection. I'll post a time allows.

Chris
ChrisClark
Forum Creator

Postby armycopter on Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:29 am

Chris, did you ever find that list of 49 guitars with specs from 1986? I was wondering if you could post it. I wonder if my guitar is on that list. Thank you!!

ChrisClark wrote:Eros,
I'm very surprised about the ebony board. It on a non-Artist model. The ebony board would have had the diamond inlays and binding on it. I was doing the inlays and installing the frets before they were glued on the neck at that point. Of course, I may have been totally going for the black hardware look, I don't know.
I do have the colors on a Time order form. I need to go find it and post. I have also found another print out that list 49 guitars with specs that were part of a summer sale. These were for guitars built in and around 1986. I think these Prime Time Guitars maybe included. As far as the tag on the case. Someone else may have put that on their after Time closed. They didn't know the official color names. Their was true turquoise and magenta ones too! Their were also some that had both colors! I have pictures of all of the Willis collection. I'll post a time allows.

Chris
armycopter
Time Guitar Owner

Re: New Baby (Green) PT-1 #563

Postby ChrisClark on Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:50 pm

You can find the serial number list here.
The June sale notes denote those guitars. I don't have your red PT-1 listed. The June sale was mostly older Times. TC, GS, & EX models.
ChrisClark
Forum Creator

Re: New Baby (Green) PT-1 #563

Postby Diplomat on Tue May 06, 2014 9:17 am

Nice pics man!
Diplomat
New Posting User

Login to Remove:

Sponsor

Submit this post...

Social Bookmarks:

Social Bookmarks